SECTION 1 - WHO WE ARE
This website is owned and operated by Silicone Ltd. trading as “Silicone Lovers”.
Our company information is under Section 16 of this document.
SECTION 2 - WHAT THIS DOCUMENT IS ALL ABOUT
Where we refer to “Consumer” below we mean an individual acting for purposes that are wholly or mainly outside that person’s trade, business, craft or profession.
The sale of goods via our website is subject to separate Sale of Goods Terms and Conditions.
SECTION 3 - CHANGING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SECTION 4 - THINGS YOU CAN'T DO ON OUR SITE
You agree not to do any of the following in connection with our website: break the law or infringe anyone else’s rights;
- send, store, display or link to unlawful, infringing or otherwise inappropriate content;
- victimise or harass other people or staff;
- use offensive, obscene, abusive, discriminatory or other inappropriate language or images;
- deceive or mislead anyone;
- provide any information that includes someone else’s personal information unless that person is 18 years or over and you have obtained their written consent or you are otherwise legally permitted to do so;
- impersonate anyone;
- communicate with us via live chat or otherwise if you don’t genuinely intend to buy from us, e.g., competitors posing as potential customers;
- use the website in order to help you to compete with us or infringe our rights;
- use the service for any commercial purpose;
- disrupt our website, e.g., spam, viruses or phishing;
- interfere with or damage our website or gain unauthorised access to any part of our system, data, passwords or otherwise;
- intercept or modify communications;
- impose an unreasonable load on our website;
- get around any security features including those designed to stop copying of content; or
- attempt, encourage or assist any of the above.
SECTION 5 - CONTENT ON OUR SITE
If you provide content, you are responsible for it. You agree that you have (and will keep) all rights needed to enable us to use it in accordance with these terms and conditions.
If you post a review, rating or comment you promise that it is your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
You acknowledge that any information published or sent on or via our site by other users is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated and we are not responsible for it.
We do not guarantee that any guidance or similar information that we may make available on our website is accurate or up to date. You rely on it at your own risk.
We are allowed (without telling you) to reject, suspend, alter, remove or delete content for any reason and to disclose to the police or other relevant authorities or to a complainant any content or behaviour provided we are legally permitted to do so.
SECTION 6 - OTHER PEOPLES SERVICES/ ADVERTISING / WEBSITES
We may display other peoples’ services, advertising and /or links to other websites. We do not recommend or endorse, nor are we legally responsible for, any of these. You use them at your own risk.
SECTION 7 - IF YOU CREATE AN ACCOUNT ON OUR SITE
If we permit you to create an account on our website, this is for your personal use only. You must not allow anyone else to use your account. You agree to take reasonable care to keep your login information confidential and to tell us immediately of any apparent breach of security such as loss or misuse of a password. You are responsible for other people who use your account or identity (unless and to the extent that we are at fault).
We are entitled at any time for any reason and with or without notice to close your account on our site and to delete all data contained in it.
SECTION 8 - RESTRICTIONS ON OUR LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY – VERY IMPORTANT
Nothing in this agreement in any way limits or excludes our liability for negligence causing death or personal injury or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for anything which may not legally be excluded or limited. In this section, any reference to us includes our employees, agents or team members who have the right to enforce this agreement.
If you are a Consumer, we are not responsible for any loss or damage where:
- there is no breach of a legal duty owed to you by us;
- such loss or damage was not reasonably foreseeable (meaning it was not an obvious consequence of our breach or not contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract);
- (and to the extent that) such loss or damage is your fault, for example by not complying with this agreement; or
- such loss or damage relates to a business.
If you are a Consumer, you will be responsible to us for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage we suffer (including claims made by other people) resulting from your breach of this agreement.
The following clauses apply only if you are a business:
- In no event (including our own negligence) will we be liable for any of the following (even if we have been advised of the possibility of any such losses): economic losses (including, without limit, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or loss of goodwill or reputation; or special, indirect or consequential losses; or damage to or loss of data.
- You will indemnify us against all claims and liabilities directly or indirectly related to your use of the website and/or breach of this agreement.
- To the extent allowed by law, you and we exclude all terms, whether imposed by statute or by law or otherwise, that are not expressly stated in this agreement.
SECTION 9 - INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The intellectual property rights in all material used on or in connection with our website are owned by us or our suppliers, partners or other users. For your personal use only, you may view such material on your device. You must not otherwise use such material including copying, publishing, selling or altering it or taking extracts from it without our specific prior written consent.
Just to clarify, this means that competitors and other third-parties must not steal or replicate any unique content from our website including text, images and design & layout. We will take firm action against you if this happens.
Also, you must not collect, scrape, harvest, frame or deep-link to any information on our website without our specific prior written consent.
We are allowed to use your reviews in any of our marketing material.
SECTION 10 - IF OUR WEBSITE DOESN’T WORK PROPERLY
We do not guarantee that our website will be uninterrupted or error-free and we are not responsible for any losses arising from such errors or interruptions. We are entitled, without notice and without liability (a) to suspend the website for repair, maintenance, improvement or other technical reason and (b) to make changes to our website.
SECTION 11 - THINGS WE CAN’T CONTROL
We are not liable for failure to perform or delay in performing any obligation under this agreement if the failure or delay is caused by any circumstances beyond our reasonable control including third party telecommunication failures and epidemics/pandemics, political conflicts, natural disasters etc.
SECTION 13 - ENGLISH LAW AND COURTS
These terms and conditions are under English law and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of the United Kingdom. You will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
SECTION 14 - GENERAL BUT IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We may send all notices under this agreement by email to the most recent email address you have given us. You can send notices to our email address shown below. Headings used in this agreement are for your information and are not binding. If any part of this agreement is ineffective or unenforceable for any reason, the rest of the agreement will still apply. If either of us overlooks any breach of this agreement by the other, it can still be actioned later. A person who is not a party to this agreement can’t enforce it unless the agreement says otherwise. The parties are independent contractors and, except as otherwise specifically stated above, nothing in this agreement makes any party an agent, employee or representative of the other.
SECTION 15 - COMPLAINTS
If you have any complaints, please contact us via the contact details shown below.
SECTION 16 - INFORMATION ABOUT US
Company name: Silicone Ltd
Trading name: “Silicone Lovers”
Country of incorporation: England and Wales
Registered number: 12645795
Registered address: Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX, England.
Email: [email protected]
Policy Version 1.0
Effective Date: 28/02/2022